BDTI Technical Competencies: Video
Video processing— that is, frame-rate processing of data from a video camera or other source—is a key technology in applications ranging from consumer (set-top boxes, multimedia-enabled cell phones, surveillance cameras, and video conferencing systems) to military/aerospace.
BDTI has long been involved with video processing technology. For processor platform vendors and end-system designers alike, BDTI offers several suites of video benchmarks to assess processor performance on key video applications:
- The BDTI Video Kernel Benchmarks are a collection of six key video-oriented benchmarks that give an overall indication of processor performance on a range of video processing tasks.
- The BDTI Video Encoder/Decoder Benchmarks provide insight into a processor’s performance on specific video compression and decompression workloads.
- The BDTI H.264 Decoder Benchmark provides apples-to-apples comparisons of H.264 video processing performance figures at several well-defined operating points.
BDTI also performs custom development, advisory, and analysis projects for video processing technology. Example projects include:
- For a video technology company, BDTI created highly optimized implementations of a proprietary video codec on ARM and x86 platforms
- For a streaming media provider, optimized a set-top-box video encoder and decoder running on a MIPS-based architecture
Call BDTI at +1 510 451 1800 or contact us via the web to discuss how BDTI can help with your video processing needs. All inquiries are confidential.