BDTI Technical Competencies: Processors
BDTI has extensive experience with most every processing platform used for embedded processing:
- Digital signal processors (DSPs)
- Embedded microprocessors (e.g., ARM, MIPS, x86) and licenseable cores
We’ve programmed virtually every DSP and embedded processor architecture—in C, C++, and hand-coded assembly language. We were among the first to sing the virtues of FPGAs for DSP; we’ve developed for them using HDL and, more recently, high-level synthesis tools.
BDTI’s processor-related services include:
Choosing an embedded processor
Benchmarking. BDTI sets the the industry standard for performance analysis of embedded processors via its BDTI Benchmarks—a rigorous, unbiased, fact-based approach to understanding processor performance.
- If you’re building a new SoC or system, BDTI’s benchmarks let you choose your embedded processor with confidence. If your needs are complex or specialized, a BDTI processor selection consulting engagement can assist you.
- If you’re a processor or chip designer, the BDTI Benchmarks help you understand where your design excels—and where it could be improved.
Designing your product or system
- Turnkey system design. We can take your idea from concept to finished product, handling both the hardware and software.
- Software development. BDTI’s experienced engineers can develop complete, optimized applications from scratch. We’ve worked on processors from ARM to Zoran, in C and assembly, on apps from audio to video.
- FPGA design. Our services include hardware design, especially using FPGAs. We are intimately familiar with the latest FPGA high-level synthesis tools from a variety of vendors—allowing us to execute complex, high-performance designs in a fraction of the time required by conventional HDL-based design.
Strengthening your existing product or system
- Design reviews. Need a second set of eyes on your design? A BDTI design review will improve your product and let you proceed on the right path.
- Software optimization. We can make your existing code do tricks you never dreamed of. Our benchmarkng knowledge and wide experience with different architectures and algorithms lets us turn in jaw-dropping results.
Seeing how you stack up
- Competitive analysis. Need an independent perspective on how your products stack up against the competition? A BDTI competitive analysis gives you a map of where you fit in the competitive landscape—and advice on what to do about it.
If you need something done with a processor that involves signal processing, we’re confident we can help. Call us at +1 510 451 1800 or contact us via the web to discuss your processor needs. All inquiries are confidential.